[an error occurred while processing this directive]
One Day Business Plan™
One Day Business Plan can be used to summarize your business
proposition when time is of essence. It also provides an excellent
first step to getting your thoughts organized -- a suitable road map
for a more comprehensive plan. You can also use this mini-plan to
pitch your business idea to potential investors or partners, especially
those who don't have time to read a hefty 30 page proposal.
an article on the "One Day Business Plan."
View a sample of the "One Day
a printable PDF version of: The One Day Business Plan™
NOTE: The above worksheet is one
page. Additional planning worksheets for The One Day Business Plan
are featured in the Third Edition of Successful
Business Planning in 30 Days.
One Day Business Plan for
"Usable Web Design Company"
|Vision: Within the next seven
years, grow UWDC from a part-time hobby venture into a $1 million
national consulting firm specializing in usable web design for content
providers, educational institutions, and corporations.
Why now? Over the next five years, Internet traffic is projected
to double every six months (source: Dr. L. G. Roberts, Packetcom
Inc., 2000), resulting in millions of new users and billions of
new web pages. Usability middleman are needed to bridge the "gap"
between "content" and "code" specialists to deliver high quality
content to consumers in the quickest, easiest, and most need-sensitive
|Mission: Help organizations
and companies deliver content that is easy to access, navigate, and
- Develop a web content, usability, and readability checklist.
- Write a book: Usable Web Design - 101 Secrets and Strategies.
- Develop proprietary strategies to imprint "brand" using "design.
Brand Promise: Be recognized as a premier "web content"
and "information architecture" specialist in Singapore and North
- Use company website as a virtual business card and portfolio.
- Develop a network of colleagues and industry professionals.
- Use first clients to define services and build reputation.
- Do low profit, high profile jobs to build momentum.
- Write a critically acclaimed book to establish expertise and
- Leverage "usable content design" expertise into "brand imprinting."
- Expand into the design of "usable e-commerce portals" once established.
- Get five client contracts to generate revenues of $30,000 for
- Establish a client base of at least 10 companies by 12/2004.
- Keep personal company overhead to 15% of revenues.
- Keep outsourcing costs to less than 35% of revenues.· Sell at
least 10,000 books by 12/2005 for revenues of $40,000.
- Attract at least three Fortune 1000 companies as clients by
- Earn a pretax profit of $500,000 for FY 2009.
- Secure domain names for company name and book title by June/02.
- Create website "virtual business card" by 9/01/02.
- Develop business card and stationery by 10/01/02.
- Get first client by 10/28/02.
- Get first industry contact by 12/31/02.
- Develop a 101 point usability and readability checklist by Q1
- Write draft for book by Q2 2003.
- Self-publish end of Q4 2003.